Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Cell Phone Dependency

I am always sharing cute stories of what Madison has done, but today you all get to laugh at me.
I am getting so fed up with my dependency on cell phones. I have no clue what my mom and dad's number is, unless I have my cell. I have no clue what my sister, or brothers number, unless I have my cell. Wayne recently got a new phone for work that he now uses and I have no clue what his number is unless I have my cell. I think that is horrible. Ten years ago I could rattle off 20 numbers of friends or family, from memory, and today I know 2: my cell and my home number. That's it. I could tell you the phone number of my best friend, while growing up, but that number no longer belongs to her family. I can remember, from when I was five, calling my dad to come home for lunch, having memorized his work number, but I have no clue what his home number is now.
If that is not bad enough, I now have problems dialing a phone. I had lost my cell last night, but needed it to get a friends number. So today I grabed my house phone and called my cell, but it took me 3 tries. Over and over again I would press the wrong button: the 4 not the 7, the 6 not the 9. It would not be so bad if it was just this once, but it happens every time I try to manually dial a number.
Cell phones make us lazy!!!
Well I hope you got a good laugh at my expence, I know I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment