Thursday, April 23, 2009

Five Years

Today is our fifth anniversary. Time has gone by so fast I can't believe it has already been five years. At the same time it feels that we have always been together and I can't believe it has olny been five years.
For anyone out there reading this that was not part of our lives during the last few years here is our story.
Wayne and I met when his family moved into the Walnut Park Ward, where I went to church as a child. I was 9 and Wayne was 11. Wayne was an older bratty boy who kiked my chair because I wore floral dresses, and I couldn't stand him. A couple years later his family moved and I never saw him again.
My parents decided to sell there house and move to Victorville in 2004. That May my sister and I got an apartment together in Anaheim so we could be close to work. We then started attending the Newport Singles Ward. We made many friends there and one of them invited us to a game night at her house. There were many people there so we were all introducing ourselves, when I mentioned we had moved there from Chino two brothers mentioned they had lived there. We talked and realized we knew each other from 12 years earlier. At the end of the night as we were leaving Wayne invited Charlotte and I to go to a Halloween party at his house. At this point I knew he liked me, and I was definatley interested.
Two weeks later we went on our first date. Six weeks later we were engadged. Four months later we were married.


From the first date I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him, and was so glad he felt the same.
These last five years have held many great memories, including the birth of our daughter in 07 and then our son in January. We have been so blessed and I can not wait to see what is in store for the next five.

Our first dance, "I Do" by Mark Wills

Wayne decided to be funny and smash the cake in my face, I was going to be nice, but had to change my tactics. He was only able to get a little bit of frosting on my nose, but I was better than him and covered him.


The Grooms Men, and Bridal Party

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first five years!!! It was fun to see Kristana, Kirsten and Kaylah as little girls. Five years has made a big difference - now it is Rhyan, Michaela and Madison that are the three Little girls. And now, thanks to you to Jonathan has a boy cousin in our family.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled on your blog the other day and wanted to leave a comment.

    How fun to look at these "old" pictures.

    Congrats on the first 5!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I can't believe the girls were ever that little...what beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete