Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Cabin in the Woods

Wayne's dad is building a log cabin in Maraposa, which is just outside of Yosemite. It is almost finished, but he needed some extra help to get it done before the deadline, so we went up there to help out. Well Wayne helped while I took care of the kids, and did what I could while they took their naps. Brad also came up from Vegas to help.






Wayne got to use a tractor for the very first time, and after hitting a tree he got pretty good at working it. Papa also took Madison for a ride in the bucket, which she did not like.

Brad brought his dog up with him, and at first Madison would run away as fast as possible. As the days went on she warmed up to Merlot petting him, and even letting him lick her hand. By the end of the trip she loved the dog, and he would follow her everywhere.
While they were in the truck I thought it was cute how Merlot was sitting with her so I ran to get my camera. When I left he moved and was blocking the gate so Madison could not get out. When I got back he immediately moved back to his original position, which was where he is in the picture, only laying down.

1 comment: