Thursday, January 15, 2009

The end is near

Last week I went in for my weekly doctors appointment, my doctor was not available that day so I saw the mid wife that she works with. She was checking on the postition of the baby, and could not tell if he was head down so she sent me in for a fourth ultrasound. Turns out Collin is in the correct position, so no worries, but they are estimating he is about 9.8 pounds, AHHHHHHHHHH. So I now have an appointment next week to be induced. They will not induce me until I am 39 weeks so I wait while this baby gets bigger every day. On the plus side at my appointment this week I was already 2 cm dilated, without feeling any contractions. I am hoping to gain 3 or 4 more cm before I go to be induced so that it will be a quick labor once again. I am praying that he stops gaining weight and that he stays under 10 lbs. 9.15 maybe, 10 no way. I have already started losing my baby weight. While Collin gets bigger, I get smaller. Over the last two weeks I have lost 5 lbs. How, I don't know, I am less active, and eating about the same. It is truly a mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment